Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 10:00am at the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas, Nassau, The Bahamas.
Bahamian Project Kids Photography Workshop
Dates: June 19 & 20th
Time: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Ages 7 -12 years old
RSVP at 242-328-5800 by Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. due to limited space.
This photography workshop for kids has been designed to not only teach children the basics of photography and camera handling but to also train the child’s creative eye – focusing on the people in their lives as viewed through the lens/LCD screen.
– To introduce children to basic photography so they take properly exposed pictures.
– Teach composition so children can make pleasing and beautiful photographs.
– Build confidence in children by teaching them to learn a new skill for creative expression.
– Instill pride and satisfaction with portraits of people created by the children themselves.
Bahamian Project photographer, Duke Wells (the instructor) will encourage the students to photograph people in their family and their community using a camera: camera handling, composition, lighting and posing for portrait photos.
Workshop suitable for: This fun and hands-on photography kids workshop has been designed for ages 7-12 year olds with no camera knowledge, and for those who already use or own a camera (digital or film). Children should bring their own camera, if they have one. If they do not, a disposable film camera will be provided.
Processing the film and printing pictures from film cameras will be provided by The Bahamian Project.
Workshop duration: 2 consecutive AM sessions (10am-12:30pm) with each session 2.5-hrs (i.e total 5 hours).
* camera handling
* understanding the camera buttons
* what makes a good portrait photo
* composition and posing
* using available light
* viewing and feedback of students photos